Support Bloggers' Rights!
It’s been a few years since 64-bit operating systems have been around and you’d expect that by now that would have been properly bedded in. I’ve moved onto 64-bit Windows with my new laptop and I’ve been pretty pleased to find that I’ve had no problems finding drivers for the platform and had no software issues so far.
However, this evening I was going to play with some Android development, so I started loading up bits I needed. First on was the Java JDK. I had a choice of 64-bit or 32-bit, so went for the 64-bit version. All was fine and dandy till I tried installing the Android SDK, at which point I was presented with an error telling me that the “Java SE Development Kit (JDK) not found”
Backtracking, I uninstalled the 64-bit JDK, installed the 32-bit version and lo and behind, the Android SDK is now on my machine.
However, when I proceeded to the actual tool I wanted to have a play with, called Appcelerator Titanium, I just hit a brick wall:
Try as I might, I just couldn’t get the darn thing running on my 64-bit platform. I guess I’ll just have to set up a 32-bit VM and get it running from there, but no more time for play today, so I’ll have to shelf it for another day