For all those out there still working in the Microsoft integration space, keep your eyes open for the next iteration of BizTalk Server 2006. I’ve just picked this up from Andy James’ Solidsoft blog:
Today, Steve Martin announced a few details about the next version of BizTalk that will be available in early 2009. The release will be BizTalk Server 2006 R3, and is an incremental release of BizTalk and not related to the future Oslo releases. In the main this is a this compatibility release to support the 2008 wave of products.(Windows Server 2008, SQL Server 2008, Visual Studio.NET 2008). Expect a CTP later in the year and full release after SQL 2008 goes gold. Additional features include:
- New web service registry capabilities with support for UDDI (Universal Description Discovery and Integration) version 3.0
- Enhanced service enablement of applications (through new and enhanced adapters for LOB applications, databases, and legacy/host systems)
- Enhanced service enablement of “edge” devices through BizTalk RFID Mobile
- Enhanced interoperability and connectivity support for B2B protocols (like SWIFT, EDI, etc)
- SOA patterns and best practices guidance to assist our customer’s implementations
It’s always good to get a product refresh especially with a product that utilises technologies that are still evolving. Watch this space.