I’ve been playing with Magento recently putting together a new shopping site for The Ballet Shop and have been pretty impressed with the level of functionality and the stability it offers. Anyway, I’ve got the the point of starting to look at what plugins are available and came across a top list of Magento plugins by Sam Hamilton that I thought I’d echo here for my readers. Here we go:
- Canonical URLâ€™s for Magento – This extension adds the new canonical links to the head of your Magento pages.
- Yoast MetaRobots – Thereâ€™s no easy way to add meta robots tags to Magento pages, unless of course, when you install this plugin.
- Yoast Blank SEO Theme – This is a clean simplistic SEO optimized Theme based on the core Magento Blank Theme. This theme can be easily customized by professional designers.
- MailChimp ECommerce360 Reporting – The MailChimp Ecommerce Tracking Plugin helps you measure the ROI of your email campaigns. Weâ€™ll track when people click from your email campaigns, visit your website, all the way to purchase. Then weâ€™ll aggregate the information and display it on your MailChimp campaign report.
- Dataflow Extension – This module extends the dataflow module, so categories can be added to the product export.
- Auto CrossSell Products – This small extension attempts to automate the product cross sell maintenance. Every time a customer checks out, all products that are in the shopping cart are linked as cross sell products.
- Lazzymonks Twitter – Displays Twitter updates in the menu and allows updates from within the admin panel
- Product Gallery Importer – Product Gallery Importer lets you import products with multiple product images from a CSV file.
- Lazzymonks Google Ads – Adds Google Ads Blocks to the bottom of either the menu
- Fooman Speedster – Speed up your store by combining, compressing and caching JS and CSS.
If you’re playing with Magento give them a try.
So, to be clear.
That cost you how much? While David Cretney thinks it’s justified to spend Â£300,000 off-island on an e-Commerce platform for a scheme that will not improve the lot of Manx retailers?
I love the Magento Platform for its method of displaying items which are in stock. So, if you have many variants of an item and one variant is out of stock, you do not have orders coming in anyway for that order, and neither do you have to remove the listing. I think there’s lots to discover, even if the items you list were Greek to me. I liked the product importation thingy from a CSV – can i create a CSV for TBS ?
Not free, but definitely great extension M2E Pro â€“ http://m2epro.ess-ua.com
It allows selling magento products on eBay, synchronize stock level, import eBay orders and customers, etc
Thank you for the list!
It seems that Magento is the WordPress of shopping cart software. 🙂
We developed a Magento plugin that allows each buyer to become an affiliate with their Twitter and Facebook account. Weâ€™re still in Beta with it.
Great selection! I would also add this extension https://amasty.com/improved-layered-navigation.html as I can’t live without it. Solves many navigation and SEO-related problems.