I finally got Camille her replacement mobile phone; she settled on a Samsung G600 from Tesco Mobile in the end, partly because of the 5 megapixel camera, and partly because it’s pink. It’s a nice phone, though I would prefer a smartphone myself; but anyway it’s not for me.
Anyway, the phone was locked to a UK network that doesn’t exist in the Isle of Man, so the first thing we needed to do was unlock the phone. Luckily the process to unlock a Samsung G600 is relatively painless; here are the instructions we used:
- Turn on the phone without a sim card
- Pull off the battery cover and insert any non-accepted sim card (without turning off the handset)
- Do full reset *2767*3855# , phone will reboot and goes to Menu
- Customize Sp-lock code *7465625*638*00000000*00000000#
- Unlock your phone with new SP code #7465625*638*00000000#
The process seems to work reasonably well, so I thought I’d pop it up here for posterity. Just keep in mind that it’s for a Samsung G600, using it on a different phone will be about as useful as using plasticine to build steel buildings. Anyone out there have a similar phone?