Interesting post on CNN Money, which albeit being a couple of years old is always pretty interesting. It talks about ways you could legitimately start a new company while leveraging your day job. Here’s what it suggests in a nutshell:
- Use your salary as funding
- Turn common complaints into a business plan
- Make your boss a beta tester
- Take advantage of your company’s reputation
- Convert your employer into a business partner
Interesting ideas, especially as more and more companies are encouraging entrepreneurial behaviour in their employees. It’s a bit counter intuitive, but the reality is that the synergies effected through entrepreneurial behaviour can be instrumental to encouraging growth of both sides, and this can apply whether you’re in a company producing indoor lighting fittings, or components for the Space Shuttle. Read the whole thing here.
(Thanks to WorkConnexions for the link)