Sorting out my Google PR

I figured out what the problem was was with my PR, thanks to a comment from Suni. Basically, Google had split up my PR across and This could have been due to some incoming links with the former, or because I had been messing around with Google Webmaster Tools and had some issues there.

I fixed that out, but it will be some time before my PR adjusts itself. In the meantime, I’ve implemented a 301 HTTP Redirect to stop it from happening again. The elegant way to do this is to use an entry in your .htaccess file, however as I’m on IIS I didn’t have this luxury. Instead, I implemented this in the header of my website.

This ensures that if I get a request without the www., it will redirect to the proper page. Fingers crossed that this will sort out my PR.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.