Andy showed me how to turn off Global Tracking in BizTalk 2004. Turning off tracking gives BizTalk a performance boost by telling it not to track events in its tracking tables. You can normally turn on and off the different events you want tracked from within HAT, however this switch disables the whole tracking subsystem.
So, what does this involve? It essentially means changing a flag in one of Biztalk’s configuration databases by following the instructions below:
- Open Enterprise Manager
- Head to the Management database (BizTalkMgmtDb)
- Click on Tables
- Right-click on adm_Group and choose Open Table .. Return all rows
- Change the GlobalTrackingOption from 1 to 0
- Close the table viewer and Enterprise Manager
- Restart your BizTalk hosts
Tracking should now be turned off. To turn tracking back on again, just switch the GlobalTrackingOption from 0 back to 1.
Note that you will still require one of your hosts to have tracking enabled as the TDDS (Tracking Data Decode Service) still needs to be running in case it is needed for any BAM events.