Objective: To disply page/blog rank on Technorati and other ranking sites
State of play: Initial release (0.3) can be downloaded here. It lives in the Status Bar and display the blog’s Technorati rank. Mouseover will show you number of inbound links and inbound blogs. This version is less chatty (spammy) than previous versions as it “remembers” the last 20 requests it makes.
Installation: Click here
- Recode following OO principles
- Figure out how to sign the extension
- Optimise so that it only calls Technorati on main page load (currently calls even if, say an iFrame is loaded)
Correct bug where it only display rank if looking at home page of site Research some method to cache the result so we’re not calling Technorati with same request every time user refreshes or navigates around the site.
- Research more elegant method of extracting Technorati rating from response XML
- Add Options so user can turn on/off different rankings
- Add Google PR
- Add Alexa rating
- Release 0.1: Initial Release
- Release 0.2: New API key
- Release 0.3: Plugin now just searches on root domain (rather than entire URL). Also caches last 20 requests to avoid being so spammy