The start-up finalists at Techcrunch Disrupt Europe 2013 #tcdisrupt
I’m lucky to find myself at the first Techcrunch Disrupt to be held in Europe, and the heart of the event is a Startup Battlefield where 14 start-ups (chosen out of more than 500 candidates) present their ideas and products. There’s a $50,000 prize for the top team and massive exposure both to investors and to the tech world. Here are the companies presenting this time round:
- Asap54.com : an application that allows you to find matches between a photograph and a copy of clothing sold online.
- Exversion : a platform that provides access to more than 140,000 datasets and exploit these via an API.
- High-Mobility : a solution for connecting automotive and connected devices, in particular for giving route directions and traffic conditions.
- Import.io : a turnkey solution extraction from a site and cloud storage of data.
- Kiwi.ki : a wireless technology allowing the automatic door locking and unlocking.
- Lock8 : a lock for bicycles, equipped with an alarm and a GPS system to locate and send notifications to friends and family located near the bike.
- MySkin : a social network geared around skin care and testing of products. Also incorporating a technology which measures the health of their skin.
- Qardio : tracking technology and cardiovascular control.
- Satago : a platform for freelancers and SMEs, to identify deadbeats and crowdsource credit checks.
- Sher.ly Inc. : a solution for sharing files between employees.
- Shufflehub Limited : a site that can suck the products offered by various fashion sites and lets users view/play/shop in one place.
- Voicesphere : voice control application open to third party developers
- Wanderio : travel comparison allowing users to find the means of transport that suits them best in terms of price, travel time and carbon footprint.
- What Now Travel : An application that allows travelers to use their smartphone abroad without wasting cash on roaming data.
There’s fantastic energy in the room and a whole bunch of startups exhibiting outside also. Lots of great ideas and lots of things to learn!