Anyone who knows me will know that I’ve been playing with webcams for a good few years now! There’s something extra special I think in adding a your face to your interactions on the web, whether it’s IM, your blog or a video chat. I’m sure you’ve noticed my image at the side of this blog (and others) that gets uploaded every 30 seconds while I sit at my desk. Great way to know if I’m here
But I’ve never really been happy with the technology I’ve been using. I currently have a cheapy webcam I bought for a couple of quid at Tesco, and while it does the job I would love a top-end webcam with face tracking and auto-focus (that way I’m not blurry and out of the picture half the time). Anyway, I came across the perfect webcam on Buy.com’s sale page today. It’s the Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 which sports a brilliant array of features including:
- Carl Zeiss optics: Get more detail and clarity from Carl Zeiss optics. Logitechs glass lens designed in collaboration with Carl Zeiss, the global leader in camera optics.
- Premium autofocus: Your images stay razor-sharp, even in close-ups.
- HD video: Video calling and sharing has never looked so real at 960 by 720 pixels.
- Higher megapixel performance: A true two-megapixel sensor. Up to eight-megapixel* photos (enhanced).
- RightLight2 Technology: Adjusts intelligently to produce the best possible images in dimly lighted or poorly backlighted settings.
- Integrated microphone with RightSound Technology: Enjoy crystal clear conversations, free from echo** and annoying background noise.
- Ultra-wide field of view and intelligent face tracking: Keeps you right in the middle of the action.
Santa, Santa ! I so want one of these for Christmas!