Carlo sent me a link today which could be useful to some of you. It’s called BasicState and keeps an eye on your website, letting you know if there’s any problem with your uptime. It’s a free service that checks the following every 15 minutes:
- is your dns responding properly?
- is your network reachable?
- is your server alive?
- is your web site responding?
- is your ssl certificate valid?
- is your ad publisher working properly?
- is your affiliate program alive?
- is your payment gateway alive?
If something’s up (or down as the case may be), it will send you an email or SMS to let you know. The great thing is that it’s useful for whatever website you may have, whether it’s a blog about directbuy articles, a Joke Shop or a holiday portal. If you think this is for you, check it out.