I’ve managed to get to the bottom of why my Ultimate Tag Warrior tags were failing to get imported into WordPress. The code was getting as far as “Adding Tags to Posts”, and just stopping there with no warnings, no errors, nothing. Turns out that the script was actually timing out due to the sheer number of tags I had. I changed the timeout setting for the script and voila’, problem solved, tag imported.
If you have the same problem, and, like me, don’t have access to the main PHP configuration file, here’s what you can do:
utw.phpwhile lives under
function tag2post ( )in that file
- Add this line to the start of the routine:
- This gives the script an extra 300 seconds to complete instead of the default (usually 30 seconds)
Good luck! Of course, remember to backup your code before you do this, and always backup your data before you try running any import routines.